In line with the rapidly developing situation, I feel it important to keep you informed of measures the business has in place during this exceptional period. My priority is to maintain an uninterrupted service whilst administering strict protocols relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The business continues to monitor developments and best practices via various authoritative sources (principally the World Health Organisation (WHO), the UK’s Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and Public Health England).
The World Health Organisation has determined that risks of contamination of commercial goods & packaging is low*, particularly those that have ‘been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature.’
In the meantime, GFW has adopted the following mitigations in respect of its supply chain and personnel to minimise potential routes of infection and disruption:
1. Enhanced site personal hygiene and sanitation protocols, in accordance with best practice guidelines for businesses issued by the World Health Organisation**.
2. Only those staff absolutely necessary for the continued supply of goods to our customers are allowed on site. Any staff feeling unwell are advised to seek medical care and should self-isolate at home.
3. Only these specified GFW employees are allowed access into the administrative offices, warehousing and production areas.
4. All other staff are working from home with both conference calling and video capabilities to ensure meetings may continue as planned, in addition to our cloud-based IT system.
6. All business travel has been suspended.
7. The business continues to regularly amend its policies for employees who have recently returned from abroad or who have come into physical contact with returning family members, friends, close relatives and housemates.
8. GFW is actively working with its suppliers (particularly those located in identified or emerging risk areas) and transport providers to minimise the potential impact of Coronavirus. There are currently no restrictions placed on transport from these countries through the supply chain routes that we use.
We have robust stock policies in place, enabling us presently to handle both fluctuations in demand and any supply restrictions in the short to medium term. In the unlikely event that we detect a stock gap appearing, we will work collaboratively with our customers to minimise the potential disruption.
We will continue to supply your order requirements uninterrupted and maintain the highest levels of service you have come to expect from Good Food Wines Ltd.
Should we start to have any unexpected circumstances which may affect supply we will clearly communicate this to all our customers via our normal communication methods / on our website.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please do contact our customer support team via the normal channels