In line with the ongoing situation, I feel it important to keep you informed of measures the business has in place during this exceptional period. My priority continues to be focused on the health and well being of our employees through the implementation of strict protocols relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) whilst at the same time maintaining uninterrupted service to our valued customers.
The business continues to monitor developments and best practices via various authoritative sources (principally the World Health Organisation (WHO), the UK’s Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and Public Health England).
The World Health Organisation has determined that risks of contamination of commercial goods & packaging is low*, particularly those that have ‘been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature.’
In the meantime, GFW has adopted the following mitigations in respect of its supply chain and personnel to minimise potential routes of infection and disruption:
1. Enhanced site personal hygiene and sanitation protocols, in accordance with best practice guidelines for businesses issued by the World Health Organisation**.
2. Where staff are required to work on-site they do so as part of organised and self-contained 'bubbles' through a combination of separated workspaces and rotation during the week between home and site. Any staff feeling unwell are advised to self-isolate and request testing according to their symptoms.
3. We continue to utilise home-working where practical with both conference calling and video capabilities to ensure meetings may continue as planned, in addition to our cloud-based IT system.
4. All business travel remains suspended.
5. The business continues to regularly amend its policies for employees who have recently returned from abroad or who have come into physical contact with returning family members, friends, close relatives and housemates.
6. Policy is not to have visitors on-site unless specifically approved by a member of the Executive team. Approval will be only after having assessed if the visit fulfils considerations set out in the current GFW Visitor Policy (Covid-19). Where a visit is authorised by exception, the business has a strict pre-visit preparation procedure as well as for the duration of the visit itself. This includes non-contact temperature checks.
7. GFW is actively working with its suppliers (particularly those located in identified or emerging risk areas) and transport providers to minimise the potential impact of Coronavirus. There are currently no restrictions placed on transport from these countries through the supply chain routes that we use.
We have robust stock policies in place, enabling us to handle both fluctuations in demand and any supply restrictions. In the unlikely event that we detect a stock gap appearing, we will work collaboratively with our customers to minimise the potential disruption.
We will continue to supply your order requirements uninterrupted and maintain the highest levels of service you have come to expect from Good Food Wines Ltd.
Should we start to have any unexpected circumstances which may affect supply we will clearly communicate this to all our customers via our normal communication methods / on our website.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please do contact our customer support team via the normal channels